How do I get Quicktime videos into my iPad and sync between the iPad and my Mac? That was a question a friend texted me the other day. Her normal text support (her hubby) was out of town and I stepped in as “in-house tech support” 🙂 I took remote control of her screen using Teamviewer and showed her one of the two ways I’m teaching here.
The videos she was trying to upload were of her newborn twin girls for their nanny to have on her iPad. There were two sources for the 48 home videos; USB drive and Dropbox. The method I used with her is the first one, however either will work.
- Open iTunes on your computer
- From the “File” menu, select “Add to Library”
- Browse to the file(s) you wish to upload.
- Upload the file(s)
- Connect your iPad to the computer via USB or wireless syncing (USB will be fastest)
- Goto “Movies” section and open “Home Movies”
- You movie(s) should be there.
- Select them to sync with your iPad
- Copy the movie(s) to Dropbox
- Open Drobox on your iPad
- Click on the movie to select it and then click on the “Share” icon
- Click on “Save Video”
- Your video is now saved to photos app
- Goto photos app and see your video
Enjoy sharing your memories!